• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what program do I need to layer?

smiffa33

I am new to this got alot figured out on my own but cant seem to figure out how to take an image apart or layers ok so I have no idea what I am doing! But if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great ok software wise I have corel DRAW X7, Flexi Starter, Cutting master 3, Graph tech studio, Sign Blazer, Inkscape my cutter is a CE6000-60 if that matters just looking at layering 3 or 4 colors thanks Andy

2B

Corel is all you need.

however, you say an "image" assuming this is a raster file ( JPG, PNG, TIFF) if this is the case then you will be unable to create layers.

you will have to create a vector design, this will allow you to do what you are asking as a vector is in a layered format and allows you to do the multi layered vinyls

as for as instructions go, youtube is your best best as it is easier to see the steps in actions instead of someone typing them out