• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl do you stock?

niksagkram

Hi all. Not sure if this post should be here or in the digital printing forum, but here goes.

OK. We are in the process of "revamping" and "updating" our whole shop, equipment, substrates supplies etc..., and one of the things we are looking at changing/streamlining is our digital vinyl stock. For instance, right now we use Arlon 6000XRP with Arlon 3220 overlam as our premium stock, and a couple of other brands as our "economical" option, printed on our Roland printers.

Without getting into the whole pricing issue(s), what brand/series vinyls and overlams do you typically use in your day to day operations? Rated good, better, best if possible.

Thanks for all your expert input! :U Rock:

Mark

rjssigns

Kapco 4mil w/air release (good). 3MIJ180c with either 8518 or 8519 lam.(best) We carry no mid or "better" option for us it does not make sense.

We also run Orajet 4mil that a client brings to us when they need a job done.(no lam)

These are my choices and are in no way meant to bias your material buying decisions.

tsgstl

We carry a basic banner material and we go through a lot of oracal 3164g both in full size and 36"-38" options. I usually have a basic "rapid air" type in stock as well. From now on we are getting the smaller rolls of material for wraps and charging accordingly. I do wraps but I don't want it to be a large part of my business. And instead of needing to sell 2 or 3 jobs to make any money off of the material we are buying the smaller rolls of vinyl and lam. It costs more but we don't have a dozen partial rolls of material sitting around that will never be used. Wraps are great and for the most part are very rewarding but I can print a bunch of banners or decals and make more in one afternoon profit wise as I can with a wrap that takes days. I'm also using more and more of frog juice. We do a fare amount of commercial real estate (whats left of it) and more and more they are using gradient logo's, instead of laminating a 4'x6' sheet we are just contouring the logo and hitting it with frog juice then cutting the text out of colored vinyl. I used to keep a much larger stock of material but we have to change with the economy and move on.

we are lucky to have several supply companies around town that can get us what we need asap. Let them carry the overhead