• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl is UL Certified?

StickyBoyz

I have a customer that I will be putting decals on that is UL certified, therefore, he needs the vinyl to also be UL certified.

Does anyone know if 3M or ORACAL is a UL certified vinyl?

Thanks for the help!

cgsigns_jamie

Yeah, I'm not sure self adhesive vinyl is a listed component.

I do know that 3M Panaflex is UL recognized component if your building a sign with a flex face.

Steve Werner

Various products have different UL ratings for different situations, that needs to be identified. Flexcon carries many UL rated vinyls, but just asking for a UL rated product alone isn't information enough. Are you looking for a UL rating for flame retardance ? If so there are over eight different classifications. I think you need some more information.

StickyBoyz

Thanks for the replies.

All I know right now is that the product my decal is going on is UL certified and that anything that goes on it such as a decal has to UL approved. The customer stated that if UL looks over the unit and sees that not all pieces are UL certified it fails the inspection. All I know is that the decal is going on fire fighting equipment???

Any links/suggestions.

Billct2

Sounds like they are looking for a fire rating, like Steve said.
You can proabably contact the manufacturer to get their complainace sheet