• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What vinyl to use?

StickyBoyz

Good Morning,

I just purchased a printer and am now looking to see what everyone is using for media. I only use 3M and ORACAL, so if you guys don't mind telling me what you like to use as a label stock, intermediate calendar vinyl and high performance cast vinyl that would be great.

THANKS A TON!

Possible medias to choose from...

ORACAL - 3164, 3165RA, 3551RA, 3640, 3641, 3651, 3951

3M - IJ35-10, IJ35-20, IJ160, IJ180CV3

dortonracing

I am wondering the same thing which for stickers? also do you put a transfer tape on them when you sell them or just let them go out with nothing, like just peel and stick?

StickyBoyz

This is really helping me out.

The questions I have is why 3651 instead of 3165 or 3165RA?

Also if you guys use 290, isn't this only available in gloss? What do you use if you want matte or luster?

Thanks!

gnatt66

3164 for decals

3165ra for everyday flat signs + 210 lam

3621 for race cars + whatever lam.

if/when i 'wrap' i'll use 3M. cause i'm a message board robot like that.. ;)

wants: a roll of 3551RA for trailers + 290 lam

a roll of clear so i can try and print silk screen positives when the time comes.

3M only around here - a lot of IJ35 for most items. I've used all kinds of stuff, including Oracal (which i great stuff too) but I prefer 3M for the name, and for the ease and quality. Prints very nice, and lays nice as well. On top of that, 3M carries a name with it. I could say to most customers "Do you want Oracal 7 million series or 3M 50 series" and most would prefer the latter (not saying it's not more in depth than that when I select my materials, but the customers knows they are getting quality when it's 3M.)

Just my $0.02

Has anyone ever tried Hexis vinyl? I started using the intermediate print media earlier this year and I really like it, I always used Oracal before. They have really good customer service, great prices and a nice selection of all kinds of vinyls!