• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge?

sdnj

Just want to see how my quote will compare to you guys.... The front will only have the world "Ambulance" There is NO reflective being used here.

I am assuming I will need to use car wrap for these contours. at least for the blue. Thinking of getting 3M 1080 Scotchprint Wrap Vinyl or anyone has another suggestion.. Thank you.
2.jpg 1.jpg

qmr55

Just have the rear wrapped area printed (outsource to Chris @ AZ PRO: azprogroup.com if you don't print) then cut the rest yourself. Factor in your material cost x 1.5 then your hourly rate on how long it will take you to install.

Where are you in NJ? We are in SJ.

sdnj

Just have the rear wrapped area printed (outsource to Chris @ AZ PRO: azprogroup.com if you don't print) then cut the rest yourself. Factor in your material cost x 1.5 then your hourly rate on how long it will take you to install.

Where are you in NJ? We are in SJ.

I'd like to try doing it in vinyl, no printing. We do print - not wraps though only for flat surfaces. I understand the formula, but I do not know how long it will take being haven't dealt with wrapping, which this seems close to.

sdnj

I'm sure you can just use HP vinyl for the graphic on the sides. What is your quote?

I was thinking of using either 3m 1080 or Avery Supreme Wrap. It MAY be possible to use non wrap vinyl as you suggest but a lot more chance for error and having to do things twice or three times even.

Since it really isn't much vinyl I was thinking around 700. Am I crazy?

qmr55

If you're using 1080 you are probably looking at $300-400 in material alone (at least) + at least 4 hours install if this is your first time wrapping....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You hafta get what you need in order to keep your doors open and pay the bills. Figure how much your materials will cost, your time, mark up, overhead and profit. Doesn't really matter what the guy across the street gets, let alone what someone 900 miles away is gonna get. It's your project and if ya can't make money, ya might as well go fishing if you aren't gonna get paid enough. On the other hand, if ya get your price, it's money in the bank.

We just did two ambulances a few weeks ago. Bigger machines, almost all reflective and got lots more than that, but we were happy in the end and it brought us more work, to boot.

sdnj

You hafta get what you need in order to keep your doors open and pay the bills. Figure how much your materials will cost, your time, mark up, overhead and profit. Doesn't really matter what the guy across the street gets, let alone what someone 900 miles away is gonna get. It's your project and if ya can't make money, ya might as well go fishing if you aren't gonna get paid enough. On the other hand, if ya get your price, it's money in the bank.

We just did two ambulances a few weeks ago. Bigger machines, almost all reflective and got lots more than that, but we were happy in the end and it brought us more work, to boot.

I know what you are saying and know you are right and I am confident I can do a better job than whoever did their other van which I posted pictures of. You can't see it, but there is a lot of "patch work" on that blue. I just wish I knew what they paid for that job...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This probably won't get seen by most of the members here, always asking the same pricing question, but a better way to word this is how much time will [whomever responds] you have in something like this. That way you can plug all your numbers in, do the math and feel more secure that at least you are in a competitive zone of most people. Everyone's numbers will be different, but you can get an average.

Suppose someone says $1,000.00, but it takes them a day and a half to do it, where another shop which specializes in this sorta sh!t can do it in 3 hours. That's what you are competing against.... time, not always price shopping. Then you can sell on performance and craftsmanship. Once you are a top notch shop, you can name your price and turn the bad paying jobs away. Until then, you need to hone your skills.

sdnj

This probably won't get seen by most of the members here, always asking the same pricing question, but a better way to word this is how much time will [whomever responds] you have in something like this. That way you can plug all your numbers in, do the math and feel more secure that at least you are in a competitive zone of most people. Everyone's numbers will be different, but you can get an average.

I like that alternative to always asking what others will charge.