• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the way that produce our canvas paper?

natj

First of all hello guys, for be clear i am gonna explain much, our company is produce canvas wall art with digital printing machine. but i buy from a canvas %100 cotton from canvas paper seller for printing. is there a chance or way you can say, how can i produce my canvas? and most people in my country here buy from china.
i dont wanna import from chine. i want to produce my canvas and also sell in country if there is any chance?

i dont know the process but probably, i should buy canvas from any fabric seller with raw. and after that i should put in different process to make the canvas eco solvent fit.

in the first place, i wanna buy canvas with raw, and after that about machine? what should i need? any idea or what do you think about it?
after the years, also first stage maybe i get another machine and produce the canvas also from the rope?

is it possible? or why not? pls give me a way to understand these process. the second process all i need right now, after buy raw canvas, what could i do to get fit to eco solvent printing.

we have 3 digital printing machines. all i want is, i wanna make my canvas papers with so much cheap, also sell canvas in my country.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I don't think you'll find much information here regarding manufacturing canvas.

In the same way that you buy ink from the manufacturer, you'll likely find that it makes more sense to buy pre-made canvas rolls than to re-invent the wheel and figure out how to manufacture it yourself.

Is it possible? Certainly. Can it be done without investing millions of dollars and years? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for reverse-engineering things and coming up with creative solutions, but the logical one here would appear to be keep doing what everyone else is doing.

There are no vendors in Europe that can supply canvas rolls in bulk?

victor bogdanov

What are you trying to accomplish by changing suppliers? Lower cost, better quality? What is wrong with the way you are sourcing the canvas now

natj

okay. it is look like i am wrong. but all i wanted is that not just for making canvas wall art and sell. i wanted because i want to sell canvas as well. 2 different job in a one company and in the beginning actually i actually didnt think it will cost so much money. just one machine and get raw cotton canvas' in bulk and after that put in process with my machine that actually i want to buy. just that's all. but okay maybe it is so hard to go in.

guys nothıng impossible. but maybe hard or ridiculus. i really dont know. actually i want to be big company and with not just one way. of course i want to get canvas with lower cost but also sell it to my own country's market and also export ofc.

and after that if i would do this, get first machine and create canvas from rope... anyway maybe ridiculus :) this idea is not just for canvas wall art. as u see. i would sell canvas..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If I have this right, you want to manufacture your own brand of canvas and become a distributor for it in your own country and the world ??

That means you must find a unique recipe for it, so that you don't step on other company's toes who already have patents and copyrights in place. It cannot be like any other manufacturer's product or you'll be shut down instantly...... all because you want to find it cheaper. It will need to work for just about every printing machine on the market.

You have some really big ideas and will need to do much research and homework. Good luck, there, nat. :thumb:

victor bogdanov

okay. it is look like i am wrong. but all i wanted is that not just for making canvas wall art and sell. i wanted because i want to sell canvas as well. 2 different job in a one company and in the beginning actually i actually didnt think it will cost so much money. just one machine and get raw cotton canvas' in bulk and after that put in process with my machine that actually i want to buy. just that's all. but okay maybe it is so hard to go in.

guys nothıng impossible. but maybe hard or ridiculus. i really dont know. actually i want to be big company and with not just one way. of course i want to get canvas with lower cost but also sell it to my own country's market and also export ofc.

and after that if i would do this, get first machine and create canvas from rope... anyway maybe ridiculus :) this idea is not just for canvas wall art. as u see. i would sell canvas..

The manufacturing scale required for something like this to be competetive with other established manufacturers is likely high. Would probably have pump out tens if not hundreds of kilometers of canvas per day to be anywhere near China pricing

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Don't forget the coating that needs to be applied so it can be digitally printed. It's a different vehicle than canvas you would paint on.

natj

ye, ofc it would be so much kilometeres but in the beginning if i can produce it, i can use for my own canvas wall art company. maybe it will not cheap, but i can use it and learning the work :) i will also use for my own company. we sell canvas wall arts, oil paintings etc. we need anyway. but i understand u. maybe i need time. cus my knowledge is not enough.

Don't forget the coating that needs to be applied so it can be digitally printed. It's a different vehicle than canvas you would paint on.
after buy raw cotton, in the second process we need to convert digitilly printed that i want the machine make this. you saying it is coated. if there will be another process. actually i dont know.

anyway so much thank you to all.
i need so much info. i am gonna search it

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
most material for printing is coated for specific types of printers - UV/Eco Solvent/Latex.... When you buy canvas for printing, do you not make sure it's compatible with your printer?

victor bogdanov

after buy raw cotton, in the second process we need to convert digitilly printed that i want the machine make this. you saying it is coated. if there will be another process. actually i dont know.
To go from Raw cotton to printable canvas I would guess will take a couple of Million $USD investment at the very least. Might have to hire some expensive people that will know the process

How much are you seriously looking to invest?

victor bogdanov

Here are some coating machine examples I found. Chinese ones starting at $400,000.00 . Not including delivery or install/training

This would be a very small part of the process going from raw cotton to printable canvas

1.png

2.png

Johnny Best

Instead of going out and buying a machine for $400,000, just buy some raw canvas and put diluted gesso on it with a roller or brush and see how it works and cost. I would perfer buying it from someone.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Here are some coating machine examples I found. Chinese ones starting at $400,000.00 . Not including delivery or install/training

This would be a very small part of the process going from raw cotton to printable canvas
Not to be a smart-ass, but do you think they would rather buy Chinese equipment than Chinese materials?

On that note, to the OP, check most of the parts on your printers etc - guess what, they're also made in China.

victor bogdanov

Not to be a smart-ass, but do you think they would rather buy Chinese equipment than Chinese materials?

On that note, to the OP, check most of the parts on your printers etc - guess what, they're also made in China.
If a chinese machine is 400k I bet a comparable European machine will be 4 million. Just pointing out to them how expensive it would be to try something like this even using low end equipment

wendy kong

Digital Printing Canvas&Fabrics
Sir , it is not so easy for manufacture digital printable canvas and fabrics , especial the coating surface , mainly import from China last long time .