• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where can I find out how to do this

Big House Signs

I love this effect (see attached). I want to take some pics here in Havre de Grace and do the same thing to them. I have been looking thru tutorials/you tube all weekend and nothing. I know I need to use masks. Does anyone know what this type process might be called or send me in the right direction. All help is appreciated kids!
Paula

Attachments

• higlantown.jpg
    higlantown.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 78
  • nattyboh.jpg
    nattyboh.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 57

J Hill Designs

maybe try photoshop watercolor filter on a duplicate of the picture, then set layer to multiply or color or some other setting

njsigns

I would start by using Sumi-e -

Here is a side by side comparison - the original image, and then with Sumi-e filter, without modifying the default filter settings at all.

Filter>Brush Strokes>Sumi-e

Gene

sumi-e.jpg

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If the images you are showing are digital, then there is no filter that will replicate that in that exact detail, that is digital painting. You might get it close with a filter, but your going to have to do some digital painting to it too. I would make a bet that the person who did it used a Wacom Cintiq tablet, used a photo for a guide on a separate layer and painted over it with a series of brushes, some stock, some custom.

Big House Signs

that what I am thinking it was a tablet and hand painting...which embarrassingly enough I suck at it. I can barely read my own handwrititng! One of my father's great frustrations with me growing up in the sign b'ness. Oh I was so happy when the puters came around! I am going to figure this out...love the sumi filter by the way...hadnt used it too much...and I am definitly going to check out that tutorial. Thanks Stopsign. I love signs101. I tell you since I quit NHB I am falling in love with you guys all over again!

Big House Signs

this is a present

That we are giving this woman who is moving to florida. This is a pic from the bike shop we all ahng out at. She bought a bianci bike...which is shown in the pic. I used the content aware tool to widen it so it would be in proportion to the frame....then I used the sumi...and a bit of painting on top of that.
I think it is cool. not quite centred darn it!

Attachments

• kitty sumi small.jpg
    kitty sumi small.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 58