• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where Do I Get Vinyls That Look Have Abalone Shell, Pearl, Beautiful Colored Minerals Printed?

player

I am looking for specialty vinyls that will look like real pearl, abalone shell, etc.
Anyone know a source for it?

Thanks

MikePro

teckwrap craft vinyl is proly your best bet. they make the short rolls for CriCut users that you can find on amazon/craftstores. I wouldn't trust such things for exterior use, but there's a lotta fun stuff in their finishes.

huuuge fan of 3M DiNoc but they mostly have architectural finishes like wood/marble/metal.

Check some of the vehicle wrap vinyls such as Avery, oracal, vvivid, KPMF, Hexis, and Metro.
There are others as well. Metro Restyling carries a large selection.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
VVIVID has all kinds of specialty vinyls, architectural, marbles, woods, textured faux leathers, holograph, security films, etc, etc... most in 60" widths, partial or full rolls. Don't know if they'd have what you need or not. I've only used their gloss 3d carbon fiber so far, but they have some pretty intriguing stuff. They're a big seller on Amazon, and have their own website. https://www.vvividhq.com/

player

Thanks for the replies, but despite the large selection, there are no abalone or pearl materials I could find.

This is real abalone:

SU21-MW-Fig1-266451-636p.jpg

il_1588xN.3469151048_j4hf.jpg

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Thanks for the replies, but despite the large selection, there are no abalone or pearl materials I could find.

This is real abalone:

SU21-MW-Fig1-266451-636p.jpg

il_1588xN.3469151048_j4hf.jpg
It almost looks like you could get away with autowrap colorshift. I guess depending on what you are putting it on.