• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Sticks better? Arlon 8000 or Convex 6mil High Bond?

Custom_Grafx

Have been using high tack hexis monomeric for small labels of late - majority of jobs have been satisfactory. I have one client who has quite demanding needs for something that sticks really well.

I ordered a metre of the convex 6mil high bond to see what it's like, and tack-wise, it's pretty similar to the hexis high tack.

Some research has now led me to Arlon 8000, however if it's going to be the same - then I won't bother.

Again, this is specifically for small labels - client needs something that sticks, and doesn't come off (not cleanly anyway). It's a "permanent" label. No intention of ever removing it.

Thanks in advance.

HulkSmash

I bought the roll of Arlon for a customer who had stickers falling off... even 180cv3.
They were going on a fiber glass tank. The arlon is the stickiest, highest tac, roll ive ever used. it works well.

rja360

Arlon is great on flat surfaces....anything curved its a little thick...gives a great finish though for labels because of its thickness...