• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wife up bout site

shazair

Hi Guys
this is my first site (learning as I go) and the wife is on my back bout it.
(she wants it finished) the thing is not sure waether wasting my time or weather Im doin alright, I dont want an sloppy site but not sure if its heading that way.
Any tips or hints or critisime or death threats taken on board.
Thanks
http:/www.illusion-signs.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a better translator ?? I think you just made a terroristic threat towards me through your wife.

signmeup

The gallery loaded very slowly. Then when I went back to it it took so long to load again that I gave up. Some nice looking work on there.
I think the flying logo would be fine if it only ran once and only on the main page.

jbennett

I didnt too much care for the lens flare either. I did however like the flying logo, but only once. Maybe you could use the concept to create a splash screen, and leave it stationary on other screens.

jbennett

2972renfro

Your website would have been cool in 1993 maybe. As a customer looking at that I would not buy signs from you. Poor design, fonts are too large. The spinning logo is cheesy

Take a look at a website like this.

http://www.coolhomepages.com/

It has categories for many types. Start browsing through those and look how different your website is. I would not expect your first try to look this good but it will give you some ideas.

Rojo

Agree with jbennett. Flying logo looks good on the opening page. Too much after that. Stationary for the rest.

saktrnch

I am using Safari. Your site isn't doing so well here. The flying logo flies in ok on the home page, but the home button is cut off. If you are doing the code yourself put a break <br> between the buttons. Or if you are just doing wusiwug type of programing hold the shift key down and hit enter to put some sort of space between the buttons.

On the page with your pictures- the logo waists too much time flying around before it lands. The time should be spent looking at your product. And when the logo finally does land, it's too short for the space you put it in. There is white on both side of it. Make the back ground of the website black and then it wouldn't be noticeable. Standard links, like the home link, should be the same through the site, not on one side of the logo on this page and the other side on another page.

There was some nice work pictured there though.

shazair

thanks a million

truely thanks.
will change the logo, and rethink the whole layout,
Using flash cs4 and dreamweaver cs4 thought it would be easier then it is
(lotta respect to those that can do it) and was thinking the flying logo was tops but can see how it looks outdate, was a case of a kid with a new toy (wow look what I can do!!). I agree with all posts and thankyou for your valuable time and input, will try again and hopefully better my knowlegde.
Have fun