• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf HELP

major1606

I have a job that called for 63/35 perf with optically clear laminate and when applied it looks awful. We certainly used optically clear and not 8518 for this as well. This is the second time installing and we used two different installers. Rest of the window perf looks 100% fine. I have a photo of what it looks like attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Briteline 65/35 Perforated Vinyl
Clear Focus CurvaLam Overlaminate
Windor Perf.jpg

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I agree with Ron, it will smooth out in a few days when all of the air pockets in each hole equalize in pressure. What you are seeing is just squeegee pressure marks with different amount of air in each hole of the perf.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I agree with the others, give it a couple days to adhere. This happened to me the first time and I freaked out but it was fine after a couple days.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Get new installers who can apply perf correctly (i.e. dry), reprint and have reinstalled on your dime (unless you can get the installer to pay for it- but good luck with that), and consider this a learning experience. Most manufacturers note that perf should be dry applied only.

signheremd

it will do this when dry applied until a few days of heating and contracting from the sun happen. But if someone wet applied then that is likely the problem and it will need to be replaced - you never wet apply perforated window film (even when laminated).

MikePro

yeah, wet applying sheet-laminated perf will do that. Uneven pockets of trapped moisture/surfactant.
You can even get wicked deformities by unevenly stretching the product as you're attempting to simply dry-apply without transfer mask to help keep a bit more rigid as you're working your lines.

HUGE fan of liquid laminating printed perf, and dry applying since you have infinite paths for the air to escape. I then only "sheet lam" the ~1/2" perimeter with strips of optically clear laminate after install to protect the fingers of the perf from peeling-back.

If you don't want to liquid laminate, then just realize that it will fade a LOT faster due to weather/exposure.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Absolutely cannot install laminated perf wet. All that liquid is trapped in the holes under the laminate. Every decent installer knows this. It's right there in the material product bulletins.