• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Virgin

TheSnowman

I don't see how you could get bubbles in perf, let alone have a need to pop one. There's a ton of holes already "popped" for you.

I'm with the OP and I've never done window perf before either. I was asked to quote a job, and I'm trying to decide to laminate, or not laminate, and what to quote per sq ft. installed. I may sub out the prints, I haven't decided yet. If I don't laminate, I'll probably do them in house.

I have (6) 45" X 91.5" windows to put perf on. How long should I tell them it'll last if I do/don't laminate it. I'd be printing solvent ink on clear focus. These are in the sun half of every day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 141

2 see signz

do any of you guys have a "terms and conditions" printout that use to get your customer to sign? eg: rear windows of cars, the reduced viability from it, life span, ect...

S'N'S

I just did my first job with unlaminated perf, was 2 panels 10'x4' each and had to be lined up exactly(outside on shop window). I did them wet to aid lining up, plus the fact it was a bit windy, but went on fine, just squeegee the crap out of it to get all the app fluid out, let dry for a while and go back out the whole thing again to make sure its all stuck down. (I didn't use anything on the edges and it stuck fine) Pretty easy to work with.

Wiggum PI

do any of you guys have a "terms and conditions" printout that use to get your customer to sign? eg: rear windows of cars, the reduced viability from it, life span, ect...

I can send you the care instructions along with all the other stuff I have from One Way Vision Australia if you PM me your email.

Chris.

ironchef

Alot of options. 1mm holes 2mm holes. 50/50 60/40 70/30. What do you recommend for store windows? Vehicles?

skdave

I just finished a PERF job that we installed on the inside The perf was pricey but I like the look not being on the outside of the glass.