• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf...What Brand Are You Using?

idsignsil

So we used to sub out all of our large format printing jobs. Now we have a Roland XC-540 and do it ourselves. We have been using Oracal 3675 window perf. It is expensive compared to other brands (briteline, clear focus, even 3M). What brand are you using? Do you like it? I am just wondering if we should go back to subbing out window perf? The only problem with that would be if we do a wrap. The wrap is printed on our machine, perf on theirs, and the colors won't match.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I will put my perf against anything out there! (Except 3M) Its only $0.41 a sq.ft also, guaranteed to love it.

JoshLoring

From an XC owner- try GMI 60/40 perf. It's cheap and lasts a long time. You'll really like it- just set to overprint once at the profile plus dry 24 hours and you'll get a nice coat of solvent.

CentralSigns

I'd love to buy from BigFish but shipping and duties would make it noncompetitive in pricing. Last time I ordered a case of Corona's from Corona, it cost a fortune.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Proveer house brand.... also dirt cheap and works great. I'd use Bigfish's in a hearbeat too but shipping coast to coast makes it not cost effective. Proveer is local to us and delivers free.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'd love to buy from BigFish but shipping and duties would make it noncompetitive in pricing. Last time I ordered a case of Corona's from Corona, it cost a fortune.

Just for Shiggles whats your location, I have a pretty great rate going to far away places and now Im curious how much it would really cost to get it to you.

Patentagosse

I used ClearFocus in the past but now I'm using Oracal's 3676. It sports the best warranty on the market (3yrs) and has better bonding. As for printing, I tried many brands and they all print the same. My problem is with overlaminate: after 2 years the lam usually breaks over empty cells so dirt jump right in. I just placed an order for Oracal 297 overlaminate. It's designed to be a li'l thicker so it might help... 'will also reduce squeegee strokes. How do you apply it to avoid marking (strokes)? I use half moon felt but it seems nearly impossible to apply it smoothly...