• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Workflow software that is NOT subscription based?

IslandSignWorks

I'm looking for a recommendation for workflow software that is NOT a software-as-a-service, subscription based product. We don't mind paying money for good software, but I'm allergic to monthly payments to anything but the mortgage.

I am not fussy if it's PC or Mac (we use both), I don't care about smartphone integration or other fussy bells and whistles. I just want decent software that works well for workflow scheduling.

Suggestions?

Signed Out

This is a good topic. Things aren't so warm and fuzzy over in shopvox land. I like most of the system, there are just some glaring short comings. I won't go into specifics here, but key elements are missing from when they migrated from signvox to shopvox, and there is also a general lack of important features. These elements have been pointed out by users, and acknowledged (for the most part) by shopvox. They claim they will fix/add features, but never do. All they do is add new features to attract new customers from other industries. The problem is they didn't perfect the platform before trying to expand into other markets. It's very frustrating. Especially since we pay monthly for it... And I've butted heads with them over all this to no avail.

It has tons of potential and I really want to love it, but I too am actively looking for a better alternative. Non cloud based would be awesome, but I don't think there is as much money to be made there so I don't think anybody is really putting any investment on that side of it.

WildWestDesigns

Have you tried to see if anything in open source might work?

The only one that I'm I can name that is task orientated is Task Coach, but I think it's more personal focused and not business focused, but again, I only know it by name only.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Trello......

We have been using it daily for a few years now. It is not an invoice system or anything like that but works great as a production board. We use it to keep track of all jobs from initial contact, quoting, artwork, production, install, etc. Also log and track our supplies orders in it.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Trello......

We have been using it daily for a few years now. It is not an invoice system or anything like that but works great as a production board. We use it to keep track of all jobs from initial contact, quoting, artwork, production, install, etc. Also log and track our supplies orders in it.

Trello here also.

player

Another contact/time management type program is Time and Chaos. They have a free version, and the paid version is very reasonable. I have been using it for a phone and notes program for probably 15 years...