• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would the big squeegee work for this?

bwsaw

[SUB]Hey guys, I am looking for a way to cut vinyl and laminate with dry-erase laminate at the University I am at. There is a multimedia room with a large 54" rotary paper cutter I plan to use for cutting, but no laminator. I need help deciding if the Big Squeegee would work for what I need. How difficult and how long does it take to laminate a sheet about 25"x50"?

I also read on the forum somewhere that it is hard to apply Wypet with the big squeegee. Is this true? I think a thread just popped up about dry erase laminates that can be applied with the big squeegee. However, I need something that is high quality and as long lasting as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.[/SUB]

Mosh

I only problem I have had is the backing paper is so thin. I pull the backing off and rapp it around an old 3" tube. As I go I pull with the tube rapping the backing up as I go. seems to work very well. Hope this makes sense.

Under a minute job.

chartle

Somewhere there is a technique using double sided scotch tape for when you have lam with a thin backing like on say Oracal 295 Optically clear (?). I'll try to find it.

Mosh

Sorry if it is...I guess you would want to go slow while teaching how to do it. I use the tube to take up the backing material, so I do it differently.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Just found this thread...

That guy is SLOW!!!!
Yes Mosh, I do tend to take my time when demonstrating something. One of the first videos I made was so fast that I was asked to slow it down some so they could see what was happening. I applied a 34" x 36" print in about 1.5 seconds.