• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WOW ! Time to rethink your business plan...NJ

ThinkRight

NJ town proposes flag ban
NEW JERSEY (MYFOXNY.COM) -
The Hudson County town of West New York is considering a widespread sign regulation that could include banning American flags from being flown.

The Board of Commissioners have a draft ordinance for "General Sign Regulations".

Among the prohibited signs under the proposal would be "Flags, banners and pennants."

This has opponents upset.

"What if I want to hang the American Flag? I can't," Frank Ferriero told politickerNJ. "Man, that's un-American."

The proposed ordinance was first read at a meeting on Wednesday. The final vote on the proposal will be held on Feb. 20 at a 7 p.m. meeting at the municipal building.

The ordinance would also ban signs affixed to the exterior of a window or glass, neon signs framing windows, and window and door signs that exceed 15% of the glass area.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/20621844/nj-town-proposes-flag-ban#ixzz2IN2LmOAh

:frustrated:

:omg2:

Pat Whatley

Several years ago we had one being pushed through that would have banned all signs that could be read from city owned property.

All city roads are owned by the city.