• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap help

jason_hamilton

Hello all!!!!! We are slowly trying to make the jump from wall murals to include vehicle wraps in our shop. We have done a grand total of....ONE. That one was done with a ton of help from one of our peers here locally. We have the oppritunity to bid another job finally. We are trying to bid on wrapping a 2005 Ford E-250 Cargo van and a 2015 4 door Jeep wrangler. Here is my problem. Obviously I have no problem purchasing a template from bad wrap or pro vehicle outlines should I get the job, but all I'm trying to find right now is the square footage of each vehicle so I can price out my printing. The vehicles, unfortunatley, are not here local to be able to just run out and measure. Can any of you wiser and more expeirenced folks give me any suggestions on where I might be able to find this information. I'm having a tough time even finding the overall deminsions of the vehicles online to be able to just get close enough.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Jason L. Hamilton

BigPrintn

maybe search online for the same year, make, models for sale near you and go out and measure to get a rough estimate??

jfiscus

Rap Master
While I don't have an answer to your current dilemma, I have another suggestion for you:
If you get this order, use the profits to purchase a subscription service to PVO. It will give you a permanent copy of the DVD of ALL vehicle templates and access to any new templates for a year. Also included with your subscription is a chart of vinyl useage for all vehicles.
Having access to these templates will help you save time and waste less vinyl. FYI: double check all windows, hatches, and hood measurements.

jason_hamilton

Thank you for the suggestion. That is our thought process at this point. We just hate the thought of having to buy a template up front, just for square footage to bid. If we can get the job, a subscription to PVO seems like a no brainer!

Thanks again,
Jason L. Hamilton