• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR640 Printing Problems HELP!

vicerhans

Hi everyone i just have a problem printing on Roland Xr640
does anyone know why its printing black ..

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7555.jpg
    IMG_7555.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 202

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
Is that sheet red only with the black being printed when not intended. Looks like there are some black ink drops,

Need more information in order to help, could be cross contamination in print head..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like classic data signal corruption to me. It's usually going to be caused by a bad cable, failing print head, and/or failing main/head signal board. It's possible that it's an encoder issue but you would normally see a stair step pattern in the red part if that was the case. I'd start by checking the head cables and make sure they don't have ink spatter on the silver leads or any other kind of damage/corrosion. It could even be a loose cable that just needs to be re-seated.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Also, make sure that your cables - head cables and carriage cables, where ever they are bundled, are lined up. In other words, make sure the edges of the cables are lined up. As this appears to be movement related, I'd suspect the carriage cables. If they aren't aligned, power flowing through a trace in one cable can induce current in another trace that it might be causing this. They're engineered to be aligned and if they are there won't be any induction across the cables.

Good Luck.