• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

your screen

slappy

WXGA, WSXGA and WUXGA:help:help

got my new laptop today, and somewhat disappointed she didn't go over the screen options. I can work with the wxga, but might try to trade for another. It just feels "cloudy" to me

what do you got, what would you recommend

GK

Out of those 3 the WUXGA is the best one. WQXGA is the overall best at the moment but you only get that on really large monitors. Keep in mind that different companies have different finishes on their screens as well such as the HP (BrightView) with the high gloss finish that really adds a nice touch (many others are doing this as well now)

P

ProWraps™

wow, all i can say, is as tecdady, i feel stupid. if i can see it, i use it. i buy dell laptops, and all i look for is the size. i guess i need to read up about the difference. but i can say i avoid their "true view" screen option as i feel it has too much glare.

GK

wow, all i can say, is as tecdady, i feel stupid. if i can see it, i use it. i buy dell laptops, and all i look for is the size. i guess i need to read up about the difference. but i can say i avoid their "true view" screen option as i feel it has too much glare.

Here is a good place to start.

slappy

Can you return/exchange?

30 days.... i'm messing with the nvidia to see if i can make it like my vaio, but no luck yet.

I really didn't notice the difference till i loaded my pictures in and made Ayden my background and changed the background behind him to black.... it looks like a gradiate fade in flexi to me.... going to talk to the girl i ordered it from tomorrow i guess

P

ProWraps™

yeah my desktops are the widescreen, the dell 22". but as far as a laptop, i dont buy them that large due to i hate laptops that are bulky and heavy. i focus more on the processor, ram, and storage, etc. but good reading. i guess im a bit behind.

and slap, praise god for the 30 days. here in california, nobody will give you more than 14.

at this point it my career, im spending hours getting my 10 different monitors between all my computers to display colors the same, ugh. what a nightmare/chore.

slappy

it just kinda pisses me off cause i told her what i use it for, graphics, designs, website building, signs etc.... she through in suggestions on the video card and using xp,. The only thing i had her change the the processor and hard drive....If i had her go to a 2.0 to a 2.4 and a 120gb to a 160 and qa 4.0 cause i was concerned about storage and speed, why wouldn't she go over the freaking screens then! Guess i'll find out tomorrow.

P

ProWraps™

because to her, screens dont matter. she is looking at it under flourescent lights and hoping you would buy the extended warranty or as they call them "spiffs". trust me in college i ran the electronics dept at officemax.