• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

101-Charity Panels

Craig Sjoquist

What about a idea of making charity panels. ?

Since I've been here I've seen many cases were some form of charity would be welcome be it a member or a auction at a public get together.

This could be a Signs 101 on going thing maybe like the designing always being done a topic, a challenge, panels get sent to a a location.

To some affording money to donate is not the best, but a hours worth of work no sweat, but maybe put a smile on someone or the panel gets auctioned off for way more then one could donate. ...????

Myself I would gladly do this.

iSign

as a participant of the short lived Board of Directors, I had helped develop a very detailed version of a similar plan, with the additional ideas, support & inspiration of the entire Board... it was, and still is an excellent idea, that no doubt would make great copy in the sign rags, and the local news for the recipient, bringing raised awareness for the worthy cause, the winning (or all participating) designers & their companies, this great forum, and the sign industry at large...

Craig Sjoquist

...Isign ...how can it be pushed farther or is it just to good and nothing really happens.

Just thought it might turn out sorta fun and interesting at the same time challenge people maybe try new stuff or whatever, no pressures, kinda lets do some panels set a date to mail them somewhere, ya miss the deadline it goes in the next batch no worries.

iSign

not sure what you think I said, or what you think I meant.. let's just go with this part:

"it was, and still is an excellent idea"

...as for the literally thousands of hours of effort that went into volunteer work for this site, that resulted in ... umm... nothing..

...I guess I don't have the energy, or see the benefit in further explanation..

good ideas for how any individual can respond to their own good ideas?...
that represents potential...

good ideas for how a non existent consensus of a rag tag sprawling state of anarchy can respond to someone else's good idea?..
this often represents the lethargic side of inertia...