• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10x20ft sign

HulkSmash

Hey everyone. Thanks in advanced for the help and suggestions. I've done many signs this size, but i'm looking for a more practical way to do a sign this big. This customer wants a sign 10x20, and biggest sub straight i use or can even find is 5x10. This will be on thick di bond mounted to a brick facade. I really dont want to do this sign using 4 pieces and then puzzling them together at the install.

Thanks again.

petesign

That's the biggest substrate I have found as well. Do you have a way to transport a sign thats bigger than 5x10' sections?

Pat Whatley

Another idea....but not as good as Dibond with 1x1 frame behind it.....
2" x 2" square steel tubing frame with an 18oz. banner stretched over it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Build a frame first, instal that on the wall and then mount your 4 pieces of 5' x 10'.

Easy/peasy.

Craig Sjoquist

5x10 really the only way and be able to transport with least amount of pieces to put together and be able to handle.

unless you have a crane a 24 ft low trailer build a rack to hold ... do you have a 50 of these even 20 other that not worth the effort.

TheSellOut

Build a frame first, instal that on the wall and then mount your 4 pieces of 5' x 10'.

Easy/peasy.

That's really the only, and best, way to do it!

I would use 1" aluminum tubing for your frame work and you could always frame it in with some 1¼" aluminum angle!

Mosh

Tubing frame, VHB tape, how high is it. I bet if t is 10' up you will not even see the joints. We do big stuff in sections all the time.

iSign

I think astro8 or Fitch showed off an awesome one piece 'roll lexan' job he did a while back... not sure if 10' roll exist, but the 20' length is no problem.. I'll look form the link!

Mosh

Build a tubing frame and use .080 aluminum sheets and weld the seams closed. sand and prep like you would body work on a car. Me thinks this would be over-kill.