• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

12' sheet of 1/4 plexi?!? ...or similiar

MikePro

just installed a wallpaper mural with dimensional lettering/mounted plaques and now the client wants options to put a "protective" clear plexi panel over it.

apparently a 4' x 12' sheet of 1/4" plexiglass is a custom order and requires a minimun qty. from every supplier I could think to call...

any ideas of who might carry it or any suggestions for alternatives?

my initial thought was to use clear lexan, as it can be cut from a roll to any size buuuuut my concern is warping/waving of the material across the 12' span. am I just being paranoid? think this will hold rigid at this length as long as I have proper placement of the stand-offs?

attached is the proposed drawing, installed mural, and an example of another project we used stand-offs with 1/4" plexi.
Picture 22.png

Picture 23.jpg

Picture 24.png

HulkSmash

just installed a wallpaper mural with dimensional lettering/mounted plaques and now the client wants options to put a "protective" clear plexi panel over it.

apparently a 4' x 12' sheet of 1/4" plexiglass is a custom order and requires a minimun qty. from every supplier I could think to call...

any ideas of who might carry it or any suggestions for alternatives?

my initial thought was to use clear lexan, as it can be cut from a roll to any size buuuuut my concern is warping/waving of the material across the 12' span. am I just being paranoid? think this will hold rigid at this length as long as I have proper placement of the stand-offs?

attached is the proposed drawing, installed mural, and an example of another project we used stand-offs with 1/4" plexi.
View attachment 69879

View attachment 69880

View attachment 69881

Sabic Polymershapes.

I'm pretty sure all your supplies buy from them anyways.. cut out the middle man.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Be sure to go with non-glare. Otherwise, you won't be able to see a thing from most angles. You're gonna need a lota stand-offs if that's the method you want to pursue.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Chrome pedestals with some nice cloth rope may be another option to keep people away. Like a museum or theater would use...