• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

13oz or 18oz banner install

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If I want to make a 10'x40' banner for an exterior wall, would it be easier and better looking to print it on 18oz or 13oz? I know 13oz is lighter but would 18oz lay flatter and be easier to install?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Maybe consider Mesh on that size. Reinforced hem IE 3rd layer of vinyl and or webbing and grommets would provide less wind resistance.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I would use 13oz and a spring or tension system. You will never get it pulled tight enough for it to lay flat. Plus this time of year if you did get it tight, as soon as it warms up it will start sagging.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Mesh really is a breeze to install but the client doesn't like it. Also, these are going on r panel exterior wall. Some locations have a tensions system and client hates them.. some look terrible... one location was directly mounted to the r panel and actually looks the best. not 100% wrinkle free but 10 times better than any tension system.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
16oz (not scrim less) is another option. Slightly lighter...still a nice opaque matte blockout and outdoor durable.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Anyone ever tried one of these systems?
upload_2021-2-11_9-40-12.png