• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20% off... Hurry 4 Days Only!

phototec

Simple modification

hey... that's exactly what i got for mother's day last year! (or was it the year before, whatever)
the only thing i don't like is that the top has to be open for the drawers to open... otherwise, LOVE IT!

GypsyGraphics, thanks to your input, that the drawers will not OPEN unless the top is opened, I modified my cart as soon as I put it together. It's a simple modification, only have to remove the four Phillips screws holding the lock plunger assembly(s) in place.

You have to remove the top two drawers, no biggie, just lift up or down on the black plastic retainer on each drawer slide, then pull them out.

Remove the Phillips screws (photo #1), you have to put your hand in the drawer space to hold the nut & washer from turning.

Pull the remaining drawers out a little, to release the lock bar, and pull it up (photo #2) to remove it.

I didn't want to leave the rectangle hole open, so I pulled off the rubber tip on top of the plunger rod, then pulled the upper part of the plunger mounting hardware off the rod, and re-installed the upper mount with the existing Phillips screws, nuts & washers.

I'm storing the two plunger rod assemblies (photo #2) at the back of the bottom drawer, in case I ever want to re-installed in the future.

The whole process too less that 10 minutes, now I can leave something on the top in the closed position and still open all the drawers. They no longer lock, but I don't need to have them lock anyway.

:thumb:

Attachments

• Lock plunger before.jpg
    Lock plunger before.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Lock plunger.jpg
    Lock plunger.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 85

GypsyGraphics

this is awesome phototec!!!

it's almost 2:30 in the morning... but boy, i sure would love to go out to the shop right now and modify mine!

what the heck... i'm not doing anything right now anyway, sleep is for when there's nothing else to do.

thanks for the pic too!

:clapping: