• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2004 E250 Ford and "Sticky Yard"

Dennis422

Hi There.
Can someone help me with this. I need sizing on 2004 E250 if someone has it handy.
I have to meet the customer tonight and I would like to be able to give him a ballpark price on it.

Also, does "Sticky Yard" work (Software that Fellers sells)? That looks promising but I do not know would it be worth buying.

Thanks

rjssigns

Sticky Yard works decent. The jobs we've used it on have been within a quarter inch +/-. For vehicles it saves time. Other things we do not so much. By the time you take your pics, upload them, get into the software etc...you could have just laid a tape on it and been done.

It is nice in the respect that you can lay dimensions directly on the pics. Good sales tool.

Hope this helps.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would recommend purchasing a template software like Pro Vehicle Outlines.

It will allow you to measure/price/proof without ever seeing the vehicle in person. After those steps, sometimes it is necessary to take a couple specific measurements, however most templates are fairly accurate besides rear deck lids and windows; especially on curvy vehicles, as the software is only 2-dimensional.

btw, E-250s come in a wide variety of sizes (overall lengths), window/door configurations, etc. - there are 16 different templates in the PVO software for a 2004 E-250...

Dennis422

Sorry, forgot the pic.

Attachments

• IMG950149.jpg
    IMG950149.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG950151.jpg
    IMG950151.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1_IMG950150.jpg
    1_IMG950150.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 101

Border

Your measurement from the front edge of the taile light to the rear edge of the driver's door (by the door handle) will be 117.5 inches. The back doors are 58.5 inches wide from tail light to tail light.
That should be enough for you to scale up the photos and figure things out pretty accurately.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
The way I scale up every single vehicle is:
Measure distance between the front and tail lights.
Measure top of the door to the bottom of the door.

also measure how much extra you need to print to wrap around from the lights (you should not put any text in there. Just print extra background)