• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24" vinyl cutter with ARMS...

Red-Eye

If you had a cutter with ARMS....what printer would you use with it?

You don't see many printers in the 24" range.

Red-Eye

I have no interest in doing anything more then the small decals I do now.

I'm mostly a Sports apparel sublimation business. But i also do small decals too. I am not a sign shop or going to venture into Wraps. I do very little amount of banners, so bringing that in house is not needed. Decals about 3" is what i do alot of.

So my plan was to purchase the vinyl cutter i need now to replace the one i have...and down the road, purchase a small printer to go with the cutter.

So thats why my question is, if I purchase a Graphtec CE5000 with ARMS...what printer should I purchase down the road to go with it?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I have a CE5000-60 and it's ok but the ARMS has issues sometimes registering. Most of the problems I've had are user error but every once in a while even giving the marks plenty of room from the edge. It will not pick them up.

If you can afford it I would look at a refurb or demo Summa D75 30" which isn't much more than a CE5000-60.

If I were to buy something today it would be one of the smaller printer/cutters that Charlie suggested. The Mimaki looks really good pricewise compared to the others.

wolf

Hello,

I use a converted solvent printer and use a 24" to contour cut my stickers.

I also have a small sticker shop and I am doing what you plan to do.

There is something important you need to take into consideration and that is the width of material you will be using to print.

If you purchase a printer that prints more than 24" and you use 1.350m width roll and slit this in half it will give you about 675mm width rolls. Take note you will be wasting material because you will be restricted in the width you can contour cut which is 24" but in reality it may be about 21". In saying this stick with a 30" cutter and the D75 I have read online is an accurate contour cutting machine and I think its what you need to look at buying.

Also don't rush in buying a printer. The signage printing market is going through big changes and the Latex printing market in the next 2 years is going to grow rapidly. More competition means more price drops.

You are also going to have I think printer manufacturers that currently offer printers for the home and Business market introducing Latex printers sooner rather than latter for the signage industry.

Hope this helps.

Joe