• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

36" Matte wrap lam optically clear?

speedmedia

Does anyone know where I can find this? Having trouble finding it through any of my normal suppliers. They all seem to only have 54" stuff.

Would prefer 3M or Oracal.

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Because I need to cover window perf. as well and would rather just buy 1 roll then 2. I don't want to put gloss over the perf. and matte on the rest.

Thanks,
Kurt

SE SignSupply

Because I need to cover window perf. as well and would rather just buy 1 roll then 2. I don't want to put gloss over the perf. and matte on the rest.

Thanks,
Kurt

You can just buy standard cast matte laminate. There is no point to optically clear matte laminate as the film itself is not clear due to the matte surface finish.

Optically clear is nearly same as standard laminate. The adhesive and face stock is the same, it is just manufactured on a polyester liner to make the adhesive smooth.

Edit: I would not use matte on window perf, it will be hard to see out. If the customer needs to have a matte finish I would not laminate, however, it will be hard to see out in the rain as well as fail in a short order.

speedmedia

The customer is me... It is for our shop truck. I have seen others with matte lam. There has got to be something out there.

If I have to go without lam I will go without perf. I do not like it to begin with but will have to change the design is I am not going to use it.

Thanks,
Kurt

javila

Matte works by difussing light.

Optical laminate works by not diffusing light.

So you can't have it both ways.

speedmedia

Ok, so there is no matte optically clear lam? I guess people are just using the regular matte lam on windows and not having good vision....

Anyone have any other ideas?

Oh well back to the drawing board I guess.

Thanks,
Kurt

chicagoprinting

With lamination on top of a one-way vision, the visibility will not be good, even if the lamination is "optically clear". The only advantage you will take laminating the windows is that you will be able to see through the windows when it rains. You have to think what ia more important, to see when it's rain and blurry the rest of the time or to not see anything when rains and see clear in rest?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: