• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3d Question

blufftonsignguy

Does anyone have an idea of someone who is good with a CNC that could possibly make this turtle in to 3d art? I was thinking HDU would be the better choice, but I am open to ideas if anyone has one. The turtle would be a sea turtle (logger heads are popular in this area) and would sized around 48"x48". I have found one company, but they just seemed really high to me. Your help please sign world!

Attachments

• Turtle.pdf
    152.2 KB · Views: 144

Z SIGNS

Curious

How much was the high quote?
For this highly specialized work.

What do you think you should pay for someone
"who is good with a cnc"to create a 3d model from scratch ?

blufftonsignguy

I have no idea what kind of cost to expect. This one is a first for me. If I remember correctly the cost was around $2500 for one. I guess my first question should have been who is out there that can do it, and the second should have been what kind of cost could I expect. After reading your comment I realized just what I asked. As I said, this is a first for me so not having much of a clue about it, I was expecting it to be around 3" thick overall. Not trying to be cheap by any means as I know you pay for quality.

blufftonsignguy

Thank you fixtureman. I have emailed them to see what services the do supply. I looked on their website, but it appears they supply graphic artwork. I need someone who can provide the CNC work.

Are you looking for a full 3D or 2.5D?
This one is 2.5D.
attachment.php

I can do full 3D.
Shoot me a PM if you want to know more.

Attachments

• 2014-12-19 20.13.28.jpg
    2014-12-19 20.13.28.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 127

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
We can convert 2D vectors to 3D reliefs, but I'd also be happy with $2500 for the job...
Be aware, that a 3D file can take AGES to rout, while a 2D or 2.5D file is relatively quick in comparison.
You could also do a bit of fabrication- a 2.5D vee grooved file of 3/8" thick HDU, glued over a domed or shaped 3" styrene underlay...

In fact you could freehand that with a hand-held router and a couple of rasps too, and fabricate it, and have some fun in the process.