• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ10 & 11, Shrinkage vs IJ35C

J

john1

Hey guys, I have been using IJ35C for some time now and i love it. It prints great and from what i have noticed vs Oracal and General Formulations vinyls the shrinkage rate is minimal to none for being a intermediate vinyl.

Since the 3 year 3M vinyl released i am wondering if it has the same shrinkage rate as what i am seeing with the 35C or not. If so, I can get a 54" roll and have Grimco slit it for me and i will have a 30 and 24" roll selection.

I know i wouldn't have the comply adhesive but Grimco said i can use the same 8509 overlaminate i'm using now so it would be great for the cheap stuff and keeping the 3M name so customers can ooooh and ahhhh.

Just something i had in mind, Let me know if anyone knows somehow.

Thanks!

HulkSmash

Hey guys, I have been using IJ35C for some time now and i love it. It prints great and from what i have noticed vs Oracal and General Formulations vinyls the shrinkage rate is minimal to none for being a intermediate vinyl.

Since the 3 year 3M vinyl released i am wondering if it has the same shrinkage rate as what i am seeing with the 35C or not. If so, I can get a 54" roll and have Grimco slit it for me and i will have a 30 and 24" roll selection.

I know i wouldn't have the comply adhesive but Grimco said i can use the same 8509 overlaminate i'm using now so it would be great for the cheap stuff and keeping the 3M name so customers can ooooh and ahhhh.

Just something i had in mind, Let me know if anyone knows somehow.

Thanks!

so, what's your question?

petesign

They also make a cheap laminate to go with the ij10 and 11... it's the ij11-114.. i think its about $180 for a roll.