• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m IJ180CV3 VJ ICC profile

tsgstl

3m IJ180CV3 VJ ICC profile HELP!

I have a roll of 3m IJ180CV3 and my colors do not look right

my blue looks more purple
and my red looks more maroonish

This was off of fellers Mutoh ValueJet for 3M IJ180Cv2-10 (NOT v3)
I went to 3m and can only find onyx rip
I ran it with oracal 3951g and the colors were very dark
All other prints on materials are fine (all oracal)

the fellers profile I got prints very thin and fast (graphics 2)
The oracal printed very thick (quality 4)

Didn't like the fellers print at all, ink to thin and that scares me. Can I bump up the ink or will all the heat settings not cure the ink in time for my take-up real?
Should I use the oracal and adjust the color?
I know nothing about profiles, always had great luck with oracal. Never really had to fiddle besides B&W photos. I have looked online and cant find or do not know to trust profiles I find. I don't want to waste 20'+ of this stuff if I don't have to and each test/PMS chart I print is adding up. First job I just need a blue and red. Blue for a gradient to white and red text to match red hi-performance vinyl to apply to rest of the vehicle. But in a couple days I need to print stuff on the entire color wheel.

As always thank you in advance.
http://www.fellers.com/VJ64/3M/Mutoh_ValueJet_for_3M_IJ180Cv2-10.ptf

Last edited:

tsgstl

I have been back and forth getting nowhere.

I tried adjusting the magenta and cyan in the 3m profile but when it fades to white it still has to much pink/purple

oracal rip im bringing up the brightness is getting close but I am concerned about it being a oracal profile on 3m material

sucks when I'm to busy to get this straight during the week and cram on the weekend.