• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ35 Fell off the wall

rfulford

We recently installed a graphic digitally printed on 3M IJ35-20. 3 Days later, the client called and said the graphic fell off the wall. I called my dealer who in turn spoke to a 3M representative. Apparently, there have been a few other complaints and 3M is currently researching this.

Keep track of your lot numbers if you use this product. Currently 3M does not know how wide spread the problem is.

B Snyder

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs66ShUuCOrrrrQ-

Wall Graphics

Two-mil cast films are typically the best choice for indoor smooth surface wall graphics,
although this film may be suitable for short term applications. In either case, the user is
responsible for determining the product's suitability, including adhesion and, if required,
removal characteristics. Due to the wide variability of smooth indoor walls, neither finished graphics nor removal is warranted, even for removable or changeable films. Instruction Bulletin 5.37 provides comprehensive information for the most successful wall graphics film selection and application.

Good luck.

ZsVinylInc

I would think that IJ 35 is an odd choice for wall graphics. I would have used something like Oracals Orajet 3628 or even their 3268. I just printed some 3628 this morning and am getting ready to install it on my daughters nursery walls (about 8 months late....lol...but at least it is getting done...wife is now happy...Ha Ha)

rfulford

These are very short term graphics (6 month max) and they change out regularly. This is approximately my 6th install for this client with this product.