• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Reflective

Marie

Does anyone know if the 3M series 3200 reflective is Edge ready? I am trying to print on it with terrible results. I told the sales rep at Fellars that I needed it punched to run through the Edge, and he said that was fine.

Marie

There is an option - you can order it punched or unpunched. The print looks very smeary and broken. Plus it is small type. Any thoughts?

Marie

I just called Fellers, and they confirmed that it is edge ready - any tips on printing small decals?

Marie

After talking to 2 reps previously, the 3rd rep at Fellers just said - no, no, that is not Edge printable. So they are going to pick it up and send me a few yards of a different series to try.

Pat - thanks for the suggestions. I may need them when the new material gets here - but I sure hope not :)

Billct2

I print on regular 3M (Gerber ) reflective without any issues.
I also use Arlon Ref in the edge with no problems.

gabagoo

I find that printing on reflective usually yilds great results. I ran 35 yards of yellow last week with black print and hardly a drop out to be found...and it wasn't even 3M....was the kieway stuff or whatever they call it.

Malkin

I print on regular 3M (Gerber ) reflective without any issues.
I also use Arlon Ref in the edge with no problems.

Same here.

Also not all foils print the same. I use some ZeroNine foils, and on some materials (not EDGE ready) I found that the process black would print way better than the jet black, just as an example.

Molenbeek

Nothing other then Gerber products are "Edge Ready" - there are some thermal ready products out there- I know Oracal Reflective is ok, Avery Reflective is ok- but if you want the good results- stick with Gerber/3M 280 and the Gerber foils.

Marie

I got in the 3M 5100 and it printed very nicely - the small type came out great. Thanks for everyone's comments!