• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M180C V3...sooo much more aggressive now...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So I almost always order V1 when I order 3M because I don't care for the way the V3 egresses in those skinny channels rather than evenly.
I've never had a complaint by customers for the grid pattern being slightly visible at 3 feet.
Fellers sent me a kit of V3 by mistake I guess and I just went with it...but I was fussing the entire time due to it's VERY Aggressive adhesive.
Before you reply with "did you air it out before laminating...etc." Much of the wrap was white and the roof was only white. (just laminated vinyl...no ink) and it was as aggressive as the rest of the wrap.

Has anyone noticed a change in the formula lately? I prefer Avery when doing curvy wraps for this very reason and 3M on flat so I don't have to wear out my buffer & hand squeegeeing the avery to get all the air out.

danno

3M had some issues with the CV3 getting the incorrect adhesive. Approach your Fellers rep with the lot numbers and dates and see if it is part of the recall.

strypguy

I switched back too. Occasionally had trouble with the CV3 adhesive when I had to pull up and reposition the vinyl. I have no issues with the old stuff and have never had anyone complain about the cross hatch pattern either. John