• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4 over cards?

signrios

here's my problem, i ordered some cards from 4 over
first time i uploaded an rgb file and received purple cards?:banghead:
i tought that was the problem, so i placed another order and uploaded cmyk file

c100
m100
y50
k0

the lower image is what i got from them
is it me? what i'm i doing wrong?

i'm trying to get a rich medium blue, as the top image, i'm using flexi

any advice?

thanks

Attachments

• bear1.jpg
    bear1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 110

tomence

I ordered lot of stuff from 4over past month and i had no problems with the colors whatsoever. I always design in cmyk using Corel, Illy or Photoshop. Never used Flexi so i may think maybe the colors you see in flexi are not the same colros when printed. I really don't know what to tell you.

tomence

I think it's Flexi coz here is the one i made in Corel using your CMYK %'s that you specified and this is what i got.

Attachments

• sample1.jpg
    sample1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 82

cdiesel

We buy lots from them too. They gang run their cards, and in doing so, there is a possible problem with colors being *exact*. If it looks way off, let them know. They'll re-run the cards.

You may want to contact them and see if they can help you hit the colors you're looking for. It may be something like including the correct ICC profile...

Raulrdz

Blue is a very difficult color to print...the text below is straight from the 4over web site:

When using a blue in your design, always make sure to leave at least a 30% difference in your Cyan and Magenta values.
100% C 100% M 0% Y 0% K

Blue is close to purple in the CMYK spectrum. Remember, use a low amount of magenta whenever using high amounts of cyan to avoid purple.
Example: C-100 M-70 Y-0 k-0

txsurfer

you need to be in a design program, Quark, InDesign, psd, ai, we always design and send a pdf, never have a problem, probably do 25 sets a week

tomence

The thing is Flexi is showing one color but all the others like Illy, Corel and Photoshop are showing different color. I think its Flexi because the specified CMYK %'s that he assigned they always gonna print the same as what 4over sent him.

Sign_Boy

What Flexi shows for a color on screen is almost never right.
You may want to invest in a Pantone guide to be safe.
The image below is an example of this.

The top is what you will see on screen in Flexi with the values of:
C:100
M:100
Y:0
K:50

The second image are the same values in any other program.
When it goes to print your color will be closer to this one.

Also when printing CMYK the color you see on screen is most likely not going to be what prints - this is where a Pantone guide comes in handy.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

zmatalucci

4over has a tutorial on their site about this exact problem. ( happened to me once as well )
follow their cmyk values and it will be fixed!

signrios

i didn't get a chance to thank everyone for their help:thankyou:

i was on vacation!! now i need a vacation from my vacations:beer

time to deal with this color issue:banghead:

Letterbox Mike

It's absolutely your CMYK mixture. If you have 100% cyan, anything above 80% magenta will give a purple cast. Unfortunately you're getting what you ordered.

If you want a nice, rich dark blue try C100, M78, Y0, K25.