• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4' x 10' sign cabinets

DizzyMarkus

Howdy.....looking for some referrals for 2 x 4' x 10' lighted cabinets. I was using wholesalesignsuperstore.com (daniels)...let's just say they have a terrible attitude.with customers and I have had enough lol as well as terrible wait times for delivery. The knockdowns are not approved so I'll stay with the assembled cabinets please. I am on the east coast..Syracuse area...also looking for individual letters on raceway and not...thanks for any links, contacts or help offered.

Thank you,
Markus

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it wasn't you, then somebody else just asked the same question within the last few days. Did you try the search button ??

:smile:

DizzyMarkus

I did and was trying to narrow the search down to east coast places ...I asked about anyone having used the knockdown kits recently but not referrals for full cabinets.

Thank you, Markus

Kottwitz-Graphics

I've used these guys, they build a nice product.
http://www.signcabinetsinc.com/contacts.html
also Hanson is up your way and does cabinets, though I've only used them for sandblasted signs.

I have bought Sign Cabinets vandal faces before, but never their cabinets. I have never had an issue with their products, and customer service is top notch. (I had ordered a face from them once, gave them the measurements, and when they got in, they didn't fit. I double checked the info that I sent them, and they told me that they made the mistake, and got me the replacement parts in 2 days...)

Marlene

call Chris Aversa from Hanson. Great people

totally agree!!! I didn't post this in the open forum as I never really know if it OK to suggest a company that isn't a merchant member here. Hanson is a great company to work and Chris is awesome

fresh

I haven't had a chance to actually work with them yet but their pricing seemed really good. They also send out nice brochures with all the different types of channel letters they offer.

http://www.directsignwholesale.com/

I used them for my first ever channel letter job. I told the sales person I really had no idea what I was doing, and I needed a bit more hand-holding than the average customer. They ASSURED me I was in good hands, and they would help me out with any questions, etc. Well. Lets just say they screwed me over by telling me a wireway was exactly the same thing as a raceway, only thinner (the town only allowed the sign to project 9", so a standard raceway was out of the question. It was still over 9" when I received it, even though I said MULTIPLE times it needed to be less than 9" wide.) Its not the same, and when I showed it to my installer he was like WTF is this? We wound up installing it ourselves and having to drill through concrete block to put the connection inside. It worked out fine, but it wasn't what we ordered. AND The kerning sucked. I never realized that channel letters have almost no space between each letter, and when I asked them about the artwork, they could have mentioned that fact. If someone sends me crappy artwork, and specifically asks me if its okay for the sign, I'll tell them what they could do to improve it (kerning, line weight, etc.) The sign would have looked 1000x better if there wasn't so much room between the letters. I know that sometimes you have to do something wrong to learn how to do it right, but jeez. I ASKED if the artwork would work well, and then said SURE! its Perfect! And it clearly wasn't.

The product itself was fine, but I will probably not ever use them again because of these issues. I really felt like they just straight up lied to me. Perhaps others have had a better experience or if they already know it all, then they are most likely a great place to order from.

J Hill Designs

AND The kerning sucked. I never realized that channel letters have almost no space between each letter, and when I asked them about the artwork, they could have mentioned that fact. If someone sends me crappy artwork, and specifically asks me if its okay for the sign, I'll tell them what they could do to improve it (kerning, line weight, etc.) The sign would have looked 1000x better if there wasn't so much room between the letters. I know that sometimes you have to do something wrong to learn how to do it right, but jeez. I ASKED if the artwork would work well, and then said SURE! its Perfect! And it clearly wasn't.

The product itself was fine, but I will probably not ever use them again because of these issues. I really felt like they just straight up lied to me. Perhaps others have had a better experience or if they already know it all, then they are most likely a great place to order from.

what you send is what you get...GIGO...the artwork 'worked perfect' from a technical standpoint, but saying bad kerning is on them? nope. you sent it (vector I presume)

fresh

what you send is what you get...GIGO...the artwork 'worked perfect' from a technical standpoint, but saying bad kerning is on them? nope. you sent it (vector I presume)

I agree, I get what I get... but, having said about 50 times "I have no idea what i'm doing, I've never designed a channel letter sign, I'd appreciate any input, etc." They could have mentioned that tightening it up would look better. I was BEGGING for critique, and they just skirted it on its way, assuring me it was going to look fantastic. I don't like making ugly signs, and if someone sends me artwork that would take 15 seconds to look better, I'm going to call them and make that suggestion. Wouldn't you appreciate that courtesy?

J Hill Designs

I agree, I get what I get... but, having said about 50 times "I have no idea what i'm doing, I've never designed a channel letter sign, I'd appreciate any input, etc." They could have mentioned that tightening it up would look better. I was BEGGING for critique, and they just skirted it on its way, assuring me it was going to look fantastic. I don't like making ugly signs, and if someone sends me artwork that would take 15 seconds to look better, I'm going to call them and make that suggestion. Wouldn't you appreciate that courtesy?

I would expect it from a sign shop as a customer, but not from a wholesale to the trade C/L supplier selling to someone who should already know how to kern properly.

sorry, no offence.

Marlene

not sure what you are talking about as the set up for channel letters look like what you do on screen when you set it up. too tight or too spaced look the same on screen as it does in real life, it doesn't change. I've set up countless files for channel letters and I don't do anything different with them. as for a wire way vs a raceway, when you asked for no more than 9" they should have made it that or said they couldn't make it at that size

thewvsignguy

I used to use http://www.dcsigns.com/ years ago when I did electric signage.

They changed their name but the service was great, used them for over 10 jobs back in the day when neon was the way to go. Even broken pieces by the shipping carrier were replaced very quickly.