• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48' Trailer

datoshway

I am in the process of wrapping a 48' box trailer full of rivets. We are doing 54" vertical panels (about 12/side). Using a rollipro. The trouble I am having is the size of the vertical panels. I am doing a horizontal hinge and working the panels this way. Problem is it's taking over an hour per panel. Any other ideas on a possible more efficient technique.

Thanks in advance!

Nuagedesigns

We just finished the two sides and front of a 40' Box trailer today as well. Same thing we had 50" wide panels ten per side. Rivets about every 48" with 2 guys we tackled the sides and front today in 7.5hrs. We averaged 20-30 mins per panel and had a decent lunch break in that time.

Our method was to line up each panel hinge aprox 18" from top and work out top portion. Squeege over rivets untill finished. Then we would roll up remaining lower portion of material on a 54" cardboard tube and roll up to our hinge. Then we would work our way back to the bottom slowly pulling about 18" at a time. Then go over rivets with heat and rolli pro. Hope this helps. I will post pictures when we are finished Monday afternoon still need to finish rear door and 1panel on front.

Good luck

HulkSmash

you're doing it right, i guess just practice. Panels that size shouldn't take more then like 10 min ea.. if that.

datoshway

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try the cardboard roll idea. That sounds like a great idea to keep the vinyl not so influenced. We were hinging around half up. I like the 18" down idea. Hopefully tommrow I can report back with some better news!

We just finished the two sides and front of a 40' Box trailer today as well. Same thing we had 50" wide panels ten per side. Rivets about every 48" with 2 guys we tackled the sides and front today in 7.5hrs. We averaged 20-30 mins per panel and had a decent lunch break in that time.

Our method was to line up each panel hinge aprox 18" from top and work out top portion. Squeege over rivets untill finished. Then we would roll up remaining lower portion of material on a 54" cardboard tube and roll up to our hinge. Then we would work our way back to the bottom slowly pulling about 18" at a time. Then go over rivets with heat and rolli pro. Hope this helps. I will post pictures when we are finished Monday afternoon still need to finish rear door and 1panel on front.

Good luck

datoshway

Update: Ripped through a whole side today (12 panels) starting averaging around 35 min per panel. Cardboard tube. Huge freaking help! Thanks for that tip.

MikePro

ogod yes. top>town always. plus there's that nice square (top) line staring you in the face when you're setting your hinge.