• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4all, what is the best?

jscarl

The whole family is very darn good. Out performs most other brands, and is very dependable.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Just give you an ideals of the portion of eco solvent large format printer between roland, mimaki and mutoh

Roland approx 50%
mimaki approx 15%
Mutoh approx 10%
Others 25%

Roland is good pick. Roland SP540( because it works excellent with j-star compatible ink)

Francis

Craig Sjoquist

have a older roland 96 model ...pnc5000 still cuts .did print great .. if ya have a win 2000..
on XP got turn on n off boat anchor now

Dave L.

The best Roland machine in my op. is the VP-print and cut. Two year warranty aside, if you maintain it correcly, there is no reason it won't last you 4 years before the first minor problem. The SP's were riddled with little quirks and would be my next to last choice being.....anything other than Roland. Guys, let's keep this thread on the up and up for Fareed and offer him some thoughts on his questions.
Just a side note to Fareed, Non-roland inks void the warranty. The other thing that can void it is head strikes. Make sure you keep the print area clear of debris and use material that is not overly thick or has a tendancy to curl. Keep us posted!

kev3232

Isn't it illegal to void warranty due to using non roland inks? Something about the " Sherman anti-trust act".

Dave L.

Non-roland inks will void the warranty. I'm sure Roland did its research to not violate any laws. Would you swap out a processor on your computer, then expect it to be covered for defects? I think most will agree that third party is risky business while uner warranty.

kev3232

Roland still cannot void your warranty. We ran into the same issue years ago when we had a Durachrome. They tried to void our warranty when we ran a different vinyl through the machine. We mentioned the anti-trust laws and having them talk to our lawyer then they shut up.
Look up IBM vs The United Sates and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act

Dave L.

I've had the same issue before with the roland media thing. Your trying to help a customer with a feed or print issue... and happen to mention a 3rd party media..BLAMO. No help. I can dig what your saying, but the point is, your pouring something that roland has no control over in their machine. If it causes an issue, Roland should not be on the hook. I'm really saying, that some Merchant Members should select who thier going to pitch their product to. I've been noticing it more and more.

InkjetAuction

Roland lawsuit

Don't worry... If it comes to it, you can be sure Roland is not afraid of a good costly legal battle.

I wonder how Roland will make out in the Gerber print/cut patent infringement lawsuit? Both Mimaki and Graphtec have purchased licenses from Gerber but Roland refused to bite.

~E