• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x8 Banner

Showtime19

this was a fun project for a friend.

Attachments

• grillonthehill.jpg
    grillonthehill.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 97

SignManiac

Not bad and what signmeup said. I would have preferred hotter colors instead of red white and blue in the name. oranges, reds and yellows. the font choice for the towns name is hard to read too.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As previously noted, don't stretch fonts. These are right on the edge of being unreadable. Also, the image of the grill is leaving the banner. It should be facing the other way, heading for the center of the banner.

weaselboogie

the whole thing is looking squished. If those are custom wheels, they should have been drawn squashed down, not squashed via your program.

signswi

Way too cluttered. If I can't read it from the thumbnail it's probably not going to work as a banner. Open it up and my eyes don't know where to focus first. Colors, composition, typeface choice all need work.

CustomKR17

Wow, you guys are Hyper-Critical.... Joe, I'm guessing that's going up at Grandview?? I think it's killer and hope to see it there sometime....

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Way too cluttered. If I can't read it from the thumbnail it's probably not going to work as a banner. Open it up and my eyes don't know where to focus first. Colors, composition, typeface choice all need work.

Agreed.

phototec

Nice job on the grill artwork, however the clip art flames don't match the grill, would have been better with more realistic flames.

The black shadow is too dark, tires blend into shadow, a dark gray shadow with a soft edge would have been better.

Tires are stretched (like text), not round.

As mentioned, the stretched type is hard to read.

One more thing, the very thin light gray hair-line is to light and does nothing for the overall design.

I made some quick modifications to express my points, the second image, it still needs more work.

:cool1:

Attachments

• grillonthehill.jpg
    grillonthehill.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 97
  • grillonthehill(mod).jpg
    grillonthehill(mod).jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 94