• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5' 10' Flatbed Hot Laminator

JBurton

Signtologist
I do prefer to have English labels
Actually, looks like the only english word that CWT Colex* uses is LAMINATOR.
1689803836267.png

JBurton

Signtologist
This actually looks like a nice laminator.
Doesn't it? Hell it's got a date/time display and stores 30 days of records on laminate? How does it keep records of laminate? Think ya gotta stand at the machine and thumb the up/down buttons to see every activation event, then crunch your own numbers for amount based on speed and duration?

Mason Wei

No the name doesn't make it any better. However, I do prefer to have English labels and be able to plug it into a 120v 60hz outlet :). Plus going with a US label you actually have some recourse/contact if you get a lemon or need help with issues.
Yes, this can enjoy more direct service by buying locally.

In fact, for example, in our factory, we can provide 110V-240V 60HZ voltage requirements, including American Standard, European Standard, British Standard plugs, very factory can also provide. This is not important.

I agree that after-sales service is important, if there is no professional after-sales,will headache, especially for printers such as complex products, laminating machine is very simple, generally very few after-sales problems:D

Mason Wei

Doesn't it? Hell it's got a date/time display and stores 30 days of records on laminate? How does it keep records of laminate? Think ya gotta stand at the machine and thumb the up/down buttons to see every activation event, then crunch your own numbers for amount based on speed and duration?
Looking at the picture is the old model of the machine, you need to enter the password to enter the system to view various information.
Now has been upgraded, not to use this small display, replaced by a larger display, more convenient to view and set up a variety of data!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I was saying the machine itself. It says it has some air lock which I assume holds the rolls real tight. Bet you could get that thing to run pretty consistent without too much tinkering and cursing. I like the swing out holders too, I know there are other similar ones out there.

Notarealsignguy

laminating machine is very simple, generally very few after-sales problems:D
For sure. How much is that fancy roll laminator? How does the tension setup work, I mean the inner workings. The Chinese laminator that I have now has a terrible setup and we have to flip the discs around because they stop maintaining proper tension. It works fine but if I ever got another laminator, I'd want something that I didn't have to fart around with as much.

JBurton

Signtologist
flip the discs around because they stop maintaining proper tension
If it's like mine, tensioners with rubber rings that grip the cardboard, I had to toss all those after one tore. Now I just have to clamp the hell out of anything I'm laminating... Aside from the distorted tube ends and the extra oomph to clamp it extra tight, it works pretty much the same.
I think you would want that stupid kala mistral that all the cool kids have. I keep eyeing them myself, but since mine functions, it's hard to get anyone else on board for another large-ish purchase.

Notarealsignguy

If it's like mine, tensioners with rubber rings that grip the cardboard, I had to toss all those after one tore. Now I just have to clamp the hell out of anything I'm laminating... Aside from the distorted tube ends and the extra oomph to clamp it extra tight, it works pretty much the same.
I think you would want that stupid kala mistral that all the cool kids have. I keep eyeing them myself, but since mine functions, it's hard to get anyone else on board for another large-ish purchase.
I would never spend that kind of money on a laminator. Mine have discs kind of like the material on a brake pad. Smells like asbestos but I will need to sniff some more of the dust to confirm that.