• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5000 Vs 7000

freehand

I am about to buy one from this two models, and in the near future.
And i need an advice - which one? As i saw - nearly the same machine, just 7000 seems litle more robust.
Is there any reason to spend 1000 euro more?

Valentino

The choice is like no contest.......7000.....it's faster, more robust, better looking, most reliable, stronger, and it grumbles (lol)

customcreations

DON NOT BUY THE 5000!! It will not contour cut for crap!! I am in the process of getting a 7000 to replace the 5000 they sent me. It is junk. Their has been alot of the 5000 series that won't contour cut!! I am spoiled from my old sign Warehouse plotter. It was way better than this Graphtec crap.--Phillip

woolly

dont know about a 5000 but i do have a fc7000 130 and it does exactly what it says on the box,

woolly

walter_cfl

It is because 5000's sensor(over hanged, not press down on media like 7000), it doesn't read correctly when media buckled under the sensor, especially thicker or rigid media.

To be fair, tested 2 types of printed SAV on 5000, thick and thin, contour cut both twice on same sheet, the thick one comes out with error about 2-3mm, different cut lines, on the other hand, the thin one comes with about 0.5mm, same cut lines.

Software: Illustrator CS2, Cutting Master v1.3.

coyote

the smallest 7000 is 30"-too big to throw in the car and take to a marina for on site lettering, so we went with the 5000 (15"). It seems like a good machine-If we were going to run it 8-10 hours a day, would have gotten the larger more robust one. I guess it mostly depends on what you'll use if for, and how you'll (ab)use it.

our old Gerber 4B ran all day every day for years and years in a very dusty shop. This seems a bit more delicate than that one was...
Carol

Jackpine

My CE3000 contour cuts excellent. I have not had a problem with the sensor or with the accuracy when cutting digital prints. I would think the CE5000 should be the same or better. The FC7000 is an excellent choice also.