• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

545ex profiles

jason91

I have a roland sp300v and a sc545ex....I use the same profile for both printers, same setting and there colors are totally different...I realize the 545 is a 6 color with the light cyan and magenta...but they should be close? The 4 color printer actually looks better....the 545 the greys are horrible...they look redish or if take magenta it doesn't help....Anybody got any ideas ho I can get them close....the profile I use is the oracal3640g 16pass max impact in versaworks.....It doesn't matter what profile I use just can get the colors right on the 545

Correct Color

...but they should be close?

Well, no...

A profile describes a particular printer printing in a certain state. If you want your printers to match, then each one needs to be profiled individually in the exact states you wish to use them -- meaning in your environment at the resolution you intend to use and on the media on which you intend to print.

But the least you can do for now is to use a profile made for the right inkset on each machine. It won't get you perfect, but it will get you better.

Also, just a word to the wise, Max Impact is going to send all your incoming data to your print profiles incorrectly. That's guaranteed.