• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$75,000

signpro

Manager
i bought a car from Pompano Beach. wasn't too impressed with the area. drove back to Ft Lauderdale once i picked up the car to enjoy that area again. then to orlando, then home to WI. --- oh, sorry that was offtopic.

that'd be great to get someone, ANYONE, interested in paying a few thousand for design alone! haha. just rediculous. i bet those tax payers don't even know about it!

slappy

I loved this part

"A Google search shows the "Florida's warmest welcome" motto already being used by Pensacola tourism groups to describe their city."

WTH?

"Officials said they were aware of the Pensacola campaign, but that it had not been trademarked."

Pensacola! Florida's Warmest Welcome would be OP in his Speedo!:omg2:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I understand why it cost so much...

A small percentage of graphic designers use the GAG book to price out their design work. The designer in question used to work for one of the high end design firms, so her average logo price is going to be considerably higher than sign shops. She is used to charging that price and she can keep a straight face because to her, that is how it's done in her world.

Pompono Beach may be a small area, but I'm thinking they generate millions in revenue. Doing a quick google search, it has a $213,000,000 budget. Logo design is priced by size of the business, revenue and the logo's use. In reality, the logo is cheap...

Why is the logo hideous? Maybe it's a victim of "design by committee" Committee design almost always has bad results... but that logo should not have lets the designers desk, unless she was beat into submission after 100's of revisions and many arguments...

signswi

$75,000 is about what I'd expect for a city rebrand in all honesty. Not a great result but I don't have an issue with the pricing. You don't get from the article what all went into it, it's very possible there was an entire identity package which can be very extensive for a client like a city. If it was just the logo, well, it's still not all that out of line.

Here's an example of a branding guideline package, and this is just logos (not ads, brochures, envelopes, etc. as a full identity package would include): http://apps.devry.com/logoguidelines/pdf/DeVry_Logo_Guidelines.pdf

Last edited: