• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.80 pet plastic

cwb143

I'm running an .080 PET plastic through a laminater at 210 degrees. Top and Bottom roller are heated up same temp. Which is the recommended temp.
On the top roller I have Mirror Film melting on to the .080 plastic. This gives it a nice mirror finish that shows through the screen printed image. My problem is the mirror film or laminate is pulling on the .080 after it comes out making it bow and warp. When I tried to pull the laminate off the .080 laid back down flat. So how can I apply the mirror laminate without it pulling on the .080?

Any ideas?

cwb143

Well I took all the pressure off of it. Looks pretty good. Now its just a matter of how well the mirror film will stick to the .080 I'll let it cure for 24 hrs and check it out.

cwb143

I guess the only reason would be is cost. I don't know I'll ask LOL. But Labor
is the most expensive so it makes sense. Can you run that material through a Screen Print Press with UV lights?

cwb143

The relief that is screenprinted on the back helps give the image a 3d look.
so printing everything on top of a mirror dosnt really work. Picture a raindrop with a relief build up and the laminated on top of that. makes it look like the raindrop has some depth to it.

artbot

i get it. screening on top of the mirror would give you a nice double image. also, i might suggest running a "lens" screen (a clear textural pass on top with possibly some negative borders), which would give you some lighting effects that would throw light focused down onto a mirror. in my experience, the mirror material costs twice as much.