• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

911 printer emergency, dont want to ruin heads. Please msg or call immediately

tgpros

I am having scan motor error 0010 and 0040, so I cannot get the head to lock.

I am worried that if the head wont lock and the caps wont rise to meet the heads that over the week or two we might be down the heads might get ruined. If you cant get the machine to automatically lock into a maintenence mode like it does after a normal print cycle, what do you do??!??!

Scott

205-886-1216

tgpros

Yes

yes it cant do its normal startup because it scan motor errors before it can complete on turn on.

tgpros

yes it cant do its normal startup because it scan motor errors before it can complete on turn on.

It cant turn on because it 101 errors (limit initilize) and it cant limit initilize because every time you do it errors out.

petesign

If you turn your printer off, and move the head to the capping station, the caps dont automatically rise up to meet the head? On our mimaki, you can turn the machine off at the switch, and fill the cap with solution and park the head there if you lose power or something like that for an extended period of time. Fill the caps with solution with the machine off and see if they drain, if not, try to park the head on them. Sorry, I know nothing about a roland.

FrankW

You can lock the head carriage by hand without powering on the machine. Just push the head carriage to the parking position until it clicks and you are not able to move it back leftwards.

For rising the caps a little metal tube is delivered with the machine, with a flattened end. At the bottom of the machine, below the capping station, is a hole in which you need to push the tube with the flattened end upwards. With this tube you could reach a screw which you could turn to rise the caps. Turn the screw as long as the caps reaches the heads and a little bit more (the caps are spring loaded).

tgpros

I can manually raise them in the service mode....

What I want to know is SHOULD i manually raise them and should i fill with cleaning fluid first? My fluid seems to be draining out. What now?

You can lock the head carriage by hand without powering on the machine. Just push the head carriage to the parking position until it clicks and you are not able to move it back leftwards.

For rising the caps a little metal tube is delivered with the machine, with a flattened end. At the bottom of the machine, below the capping station, is a hole in which you need to push the tube with the flattened end upwards. With this tube you could reach a screw which you could turn to rise the caps. Turn the screw as long as the caps reaches the heads and a little bit more (the caps are spring loaded).

tgpros

How long is it safe to leave the heads capped with the cleaning solution like that?

How long is it safe to leave the heads capped with the cleaning solution like that? A tech wont be able to look at it til at least next week.

What I want to know is SHOULD i manually raise them and should i fill with cleaning fluid first? My fluid seems to be draining out. What now?

techsign33

Reinitialize The Limit

Check that no jaming issue effect on carriage ,wipe the encoder strip by alcohol then follow the pdf doucment below reinitialize the limit it's for vp series but i think it's the same with sp series read it carefully and take your time when do it .

Attachments

• Reinitializethelimit.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 146

tgpros

Check that no jaming issue effect on carriage ,wipe the encoder strip by alcohol then follow the pdf doucment below reinitialize the limit it's for vp series but i think it's the same with sp series read it carefully and take your time when do it .

I cant do the limit init because when it is measuring the distance back in the second stage because the motor is bad. It keeps erroring out with 0010 or 0040 before the init can complete. So therefore I can't turn the machine on. It just won't park the heads in maintencenmode because it 101s before anyrhing else.

MikePro

my first suggestion would have been to power-down/on, as well. ...and it usually does the trick, to at least clear the error and keep you moving forward.

on my jv3, the error was a "y-current error", which referred to the scan motor that controlled the back/forth motion of the printer carriage. When powered-down, You can slide your carriage around without damage to the printer (that is, unless the machine is resisting somehow) and the capping station is usually just mechanically tied to the motion of the carriage. Slide it over to the capping station, slowly, and it should engage.

o, and lube your rails

strypguy

Just do as Frankw stated after filling the caps with cleaning fluid. You will need to pinch the drain tubes with a paper clip or something else to stop them from draining. You can check on it every few days and drain and refill the caps if needed to keep the heads wet. John