• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A banner framing tension system for huge banners.

Andy D

I saw a post a while back from a vendor that provided banner framing tension system for huge banners,
They basically covered the entire side of a 6 story building. Can anyone refer them to me?
Thanks

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
http://formetco.com/product_the_vinyl_tensioning_bracket.php

I've used these before and love them. Easy to install/dismantle and they look great. They run around $25 each but they are worth it. I won't use anything else for anything that has a chance of getting wind behind it. I've used it for mesh and 9-10 oz banner with no problems. The link shows the entire installation process, although they have replaced the top gripper bar shown in the video with the same tension brackets now. They also supply the 3/4" round fiberglass gripper bars that slide into pole pockets along the 4 edges. It's awesome to be able just pull the pins to remove the graphic. We've also had requests to paint the galvanized brackets to match the color of the exterior of the building so that if they left them there permanently but only used a graphic there occasionally because of permitting, etc. For huge banners we insist on using this system from a liability and aesthetic standpoint. Let me know if you have any other questions.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I forgot to mention that their sister company Outdoor Image http://www.outdoorimageusa.com/ can provide banners finished to the specs you need for the system I mentioned. I've never had an issue with quality and their wholesale pricing is some of the best I've found for grand format printing in the area. My rep is Jenny Hussell and she's great!...

Outdoor Image

3400 Rivergreen Court Suite 100
Duluth, GA 30096
jennyh@outdoorimageusa.com
(o) 770-817-9517 Ext 1102
www.outdoorimageusa.com

Gino

Premium Subscriber
http://formetco.com/product_the_vinyl_tensioning_bracket.php

I've used these before and love them. Easy to install/dismantle and they look great. They run around $25 each but they are worth it. I won't use anything else for anything that has a chance of getting wind behind it. I've used it for mesh and 9-10 oz banner with no problems. The link shows the entire installation process, although they have replaced the top gripper bar shown in the video with the same tension brackets now. They also supply the 3/4" round fiberglass gripper bars that slide into pole pockets along the 4 edges. It's awesome to be able just pull the pins to remove the graphic. We've also had requests to paint the galvanized brackets to match the color of the exterior of the building so that if they left them there permanently but only used a graphic there occasionally because of permitting, etc. For huge banners we insist on using this system from a liability and aesthetic standpoint. Let me know if you have any other questions.

That is a really great set up. Especially for long lasting needs. :thumb: