• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A/C in the room

cwb143

Got a question for you flatbed printer boys. I have about 600 sqft just guessing. I got a flatbed printer inside that room. It has a garage bay door.
leading into a large warehouse. I like to keep that bay door open a little
to let the fumes out. but when I do that the cold air escapes. so Im printing
in 80-90 degrees room in the summer. I know right? :) Well what are some solutions to keeping my room cooler? I dont use an overhead vacuum above the printer like Europe does.

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our shop is almost 10,000 square feet. The area is about 3,100 square feet where the flatbed is located with 15' ceilings. So, exhaust fans, ceiling fans, we keep the blinds closed and kinda dark in that room do it for us. The walls are about 14" thick solid brick with about a one foot thick flat roof. The place is very well insulted and doesn't really get too bad.... even like now, while we're having 98º with a 104º index.

Around 3:30 or 4 in the afternoon, you can sorta feel the temperature rising a little, but it's not really that bad.

Cannot afford to air condition that room.

Typestries

It's 92° out in the shop where the beasts roam. About to shut them down soon. But, the sea breeze just kicked in, and it's cooling us down a bit. Water temp dropped to 66 so I welcome the onshore breeze. No way on earth we could AC that space with all the machine made heat.

cwb143

we can't afford it either I guess. But I've seen a lot of discretionary spending in other places around here.:banghead:

rjssigns

What about the activated charcoal recirculating filters some guys on here are using? Just scrub the air ya got.