• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A couple of preliminary concepts to ponder

TimToad

Well, call me a glutton for punishment, but I took the advice to consider dumping the old uninspiring logo I bought with the business and have been playing with a few ideas. We're a modern company doing mostly modern work on modern equipment, hence the more contemporary look and iconography. These are just a few starting points I've come up with and will appreciate constructive analysis.

Preliminary logo ideas.jpg

visual800

Not crazy bout the letters joined together and IMO the whole cmyk thingy doesn't belong with sign companies. I do like the thin stroke, bold font style.

legacyborn

I'm not a huge fan of the ligature and I feel like I'm playing Simon with the top and bottom. I do like the thin stroke with the bold after.

DesireeM

I agree...unless there's a concept behind joining the letters don't do it. I'm also curious about the reasoning behind the symbols you chose? I get the cmyk reference but it's very played-out and means nothing to 100% of customers. And the cross-hairs mean what to you? You definitely are headed in the right direction but I think the concepts need to go a little deeper. That or just go super text-simple. If you are going for modern then absolutely NO background textures. It usually gives a dated look. A simple, solid icon with meaning and some nice clean text will look very modern.

Normally I don't advocate googling for inspiration but searching modern logos gets you some very nice examples of the style. Here.

Marlene

also not loving the joined letters. the two weight of the same font not bad but has been done to death. the 4 cp thing is dated and not many outside of our world has a clue what that means. a logo doesn't always need a graphic. I would start with a good strong look with fonts and then see if it needs some rules or accents of any kind.