• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Few Nice Changes from 4 Over :)

GypsyGraphics

Slow to come around, but 4 Over is fianlly offering combined shipping albeit for same products only... still, a considerable savings on a dozen sets of business cards delivered today. And for the first time, the sets of 1,000 came in more presentable boxes.

Also, the new AkuaFoil is surprisingly nice... achieving a true foil appearance even with a multicolored gradient... saweet!

ucmj22

I just recently became a member, only purchased brochures so far but I can't wait to try more. I like the BEPO web designer too (check it out on our sight) no hits on it yet but then again we haven't advertised it.

GypsyGraphics

you really should mark up those business cards more!

i added BEPO to my site over a year ago, but none of my business is online, so i decided i didn't really want to be associated with DIY. although, these days with all the calls i from people wanting design work but not willing to pay... maybe i should reconsider.

Last edited:

Charlie J

I've been using 4over for several years now, and they've always done a great job until they screwed up a recent order of mine. Aparently I was supposed to send pictures of samples of the mis-print...but they never sent me an email telling me where to send them. My customer has been patiently waiting for about a week now.

qmr55

I've been using 4over for several years now, and they've always done a great job until they screwed up a recent order of mine. Aparently I was supposed to send pictures of samples of the mis-print...but they never sent me an email telling me where to send them. My customer has been patiently waiting for about a week now.

I've had a few orders that got messed up, even once that was MY fault and 4over replaced it free of charge, even payed shipping to me. Never had any problems with them!

Charlie J

I just wish they were easier to deal with. You can call them and explain a problem you're having, and they just point you to a section on the website. It just feels a little too automated. I'm sure it saves time on their end, but I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes on something that would take five minutes if I could just talk one on one with a person.

GypsyGraphics

I just wish they were easier to deal with. You can call them and explain a problem you're having, and they just point you to a section on the website. It just feels a little too automated. I'm sure it saves time on their end, but I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes on something that would take five minutes if I could just talk one on one with a person.

agreed! and even when you do get someone on the phone, you'll be hardpressed to find anyone who knows the first thing about pre-press.

you REALLY do have to send them a perfect file or you're SOL

Last edited:

ucmj22

you really should mark up those business cards more!

i added BEPO to my site over a year ago, but none of my business is online, so i decided i didn't really want to be associated with DIY. although, these days with all the calls i from people wanting design work but not willing to pay... maybe i should reconsider.

Thats why I thought it was a good Idea. people think Im crazy when I tell them its gonna be $55 for the business card setup. Now instead of just shrugging and saying sorry, I can direct them to my website, and I dont have to deal with them! WOOO HOoooooOOOOoooo

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I discovered the combined shipping thing about a month ago. Very nice - and adds a nice little extra profit when you have multiple orders for the same thing going. Have not tried the new foil yet but I'm happy to hear it's nice. Going to have to give that a try on something. In the time I've been using them we have had one messed up order - 2 sided cards and the back side was coated but blank. They reprinted pretty quick. Only other problem I've run into somewhat recently was a order of 5000 cards with a near solid black design - the gloss coat was not fully cured and they were sticking together. Not ruined but you had to pretty much pull them apart from each other.

klemgraphics

agreed! and even when you do get someone on the phone, you'll be hardpressed to find anyone who knows the first thing about pre-press.

you REALLY do have to send them a perfect file or you're SOL

I had a 3 sets of cards one time that they somehow couldn't cut on the registration marks(not even within their tolerances). Second time around was better but still not right and they just couldn't understand what the problem was. As Charlie said I was directed to the website for templates and cut tolerances. I guess at their prices they can't afford to hire workers that know how to cut on the line.

ucmj22

Sorry Gypsy, I wasnt tring to steal the thread. Thanks for the input on the prices. That's actually our new price sheet, I just increased the prices on alot of items and instituted the $35 shop min and a rush fee, but couldn't get the owners to agree on a design/labor increase. Heck it would be a guess anyway since I can't get them to give me an overhead evaluation.