• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a few questions

nairda

i use the omega software with the gerber fx and i have a few questions if any1 could help?

i create double sided stickers on the fx using multiple layers and i have to out by layers and print each individual layer at a time, i was just wondering weather u can make the layers into one file so the the fx still recognises the sequence of layers?
next question,
does any1 know how to print a decent gradient without it printing ir block or how to tint the foils without it printing very dotty?
any help would be brillinat, thank you

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't help you on your first question. You might want to join the 4EdgeTalk.com forum and ask it there.

Control of your gradients and halftone dot size is accomplished by selecting an appropriate halftone type such as Classical Dot for vectors and Gerber STC Photo for images. Each of these halftones has an LPI setting which you can adjust. The higher the LPI the smaller the dot size ... but also the less the tonal quality. this means that at a certain point you will start seeing the steps in the gradient as you increase the LPI. I generally use a setting of 53.3 for the LPI when a gradient is in the design and 70.7 for non gradients that I want to look more like spot colors.

Blocking out the gradient block outside of your shape is accomplished by either having a cut path on top of the gradient or by using a print only vector path and masking it. The masking feature requires Omega version 2.5 or higher which was when they added it into the program. You can manually mask in earlier versions by adding a box outside the print vector, duplicating the print vector in place, combining the two objects and setting the fill to clear.