• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few recent gold and silver leaf jobs

I love when I get the opportunity to use real gold/silver leaf, and it has happened quite a bit recently so I figured I would post some pictures.

A few helmet shields:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Powder coated aluminum sign:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Added the "ENGINE" and "RESCUE" to these two trucks as well as the numbers to match the rest of the fleet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking! And thank you to all of the Signs101 members who have helped me with my "new guy" questions over the past couple years!

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 214
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 188
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 183
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 189
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 185
Looks good! What did you use to seal the 'Roto-Rays' copy? Looks like clear laminate vinyl.

Thanks! Almost all of the gold work I do is encapsulated in vinyl. Basically the gold is laid directly onto the vinyl and then a couple more layers go over it to seal it, then it is cut, masked and applied just like any other decal!

kheebl

Those look awesome. Great work. I have never had the chance to work with gold or silver leaf yet. Hopefully someday I'll get a request for it.

Those look awesome. Great work. I have never had the chance to work with gold or silver leaf yet. Hopefully someday I'll get a request for it.

It is definitely something that you have to work hard to sell, most people don't want to pay the higher cost that comes with real leaf.

Jillbeans

Looking good.
My fave is the one with the three badges in different colors.
I agree, it's next to impossible to upsell these fire guys to the real thing.
But there's nothing like it.
Love....jill

Ultimate13

Thanks! Almost all of the gold work I do is encapsulated in vinyl. Basically the gold is laid directly onto the vinyl and then a couple more layers go over it to seal it, then it is cut, masked and applied just like any other decal!

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to ask about encapsulating the vinyl. You are only trying to encapsulate the gold correct? so could we just cut the clear and the black the same or is there a different reason to extend it beyond the black as well? Thank you for your time, your work is always amazing!